Spring Summer 2009 Flower Colour & Design Trends & Tea


Today we have spent a great deal of time discussing our design ideas and plans for British Mothers Day on 22nd March and drinking tea.

I wanted a vibrant, an alive kind of feel, everyone is gloomy and down in the dumps at the moment, flowers should be an escape from that, as much as I love and I most certainly do the fabulous "Vintage" shades, I wanted something with more punch, colours that make you feel excited to be here and that summer is just around the corner.

I also want a bit of fun, not the expensive kind of fun and not cheap either but some frivilous fun, Frothy Cocktails, Lace, Butterflies, Dolls, Fresh Flowers (Always), Coloured Glass, Beads, Paiste Jewels etc etc.

This posting is very much a representation of the colours and feelings we're going for in terms of designs and window dressing....

I have borrowed this image from a fabulous ribbon supplier Halbach


I am particularly partial to the fantastic Russian Dolls

Designs I love

This is my "Daisy New Dragon Pearl Tea" made by a company called Phuc Long, "Li'l Jane" bought me lots of it for Christmas, her dad flies planes for Vietnam airlines.

Besides the fact it looks so beautiful it's the perfect choice for a Florist but it also tastes lovely, fragrant and refreshing, I really enjoy the few minutes it takes for the pearl to flower opening with a flourish very relaxing. They are available from Fortnum & Mason in a fabulous chest how extravagant, a pressy I'd love to recieve.



Share this article on :
 
© Copyright 2011 Flowers Wedding Valentines All Rights Reserved.
Free Templates by Cool Blogger Tutorials- Powered by Blogger.com.